Sunday 24 October 2010

Knitting galore

It's been a while again, neglecting my knitting and blogging duties by going and earning money. Sadly, it has to be done. I am lucky that I have a career I enjoy, but in moderation, as all good things. I have probably overdone it on the hours front recently, bribing my way through last week with promise of a new laptop PC that works at a decent speed. My poor old machine, labelled 'an older machine' by the repair shop just isn't up to the memory hungry media stuff to which we have all become accustomed in the past couple of years. It arrives tomorrow, and I am like a child at Christmas! My lovely better half is staying home to sign for it, and I'll spend the next two days working out how to use Windows 7.

In the midst of all this work and computer stuff I have managed to get at least some knitting done. I finished the tank top for M's birthday and he has kindly modelled it for us...



Safe to say never again as the pattern was infuriating. We got there in the end though. I have made a crocheted toy for a friend's baby, started making a felt wallchart for another friend, and almost completed a lacy scarf with my Misti Alpaca sock yarn I bought at Loop's opening party. I'm a little disappointed (to say the least) that I have run out of yarn with about a fifth to go. Horrors! Worse news is that Loop are out of stock, and won't get more in for at least a month. Patience is a virtue, Holly...

In other news I acheived local fame (ahem) by being quoted in a local paper article about the Stitch 'n' Bitch group in Weymouth. There was also a photo (unflattering, back only). I have been to two meetings now and really enjoyed myself. It's good to unwind after work and meet new friends. Twitter and Ravelry are wonderful sites, not just for spending hours telling people your every movement, but sharing knowledge of these groups and great buys available online. It was via @ThePurplePurler on Twitter I found out about this fabulous fabric. "Home Sewing is Easy" by Alexander Henry. I have treated myself to a few metres and plan to make a simple shift dress for a wedding in December. I have been asked to be official photographer which is a huge honour, but I am getting rather nervous at the responsibility. Of course, it will be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment