Saturday 2 October 2010

Felt Corsage

I promised I'd keep you updated on the felt flower, and true to my word, here it is. I finally finished it, and am really pleased with the results. Now to wait til Christmas to see if the recipient is as pleased! As I said I would do, I initially embellished and strengthened the felt with some freehand machine embroidery using metallic thread.





I then cut out the flower shapes. For the centre I cut a circle, and made 6 slits towards the centre to create petals. To give the petals a bit of shape, I sewed a small tuck at the centre of each one. There are 6 smaller circles making the layer below, and 2 leaf shapes to finish the design. I stitched the seed beads in place prior to assembling the flower, and attached a brooch fastener to the back of the bottom leaf once the corsage was constructed. Voila!



It looks pretty good on, I think.



Whilst I had the sewing machine out, I finally got around to making up my Clothkits Kiki for my Goddaughters birthday next month. We were recently clearing out my parents old house and unearthed all my old Clothkittys from the 70's with their clothes. I thought I'd put the lot together as one big present. No sooner was she made, was she on twitter!



We had a lovely morning on Studland beach today, with M's parents and our young nephew. Here was my contribution. Ahh!


No comments:

Post a Comment