Sunday 20 June 2010

Loop Opening 19th June 2010

Welcome to my first blog! I thought it would be a nice record to keep of my craft projects and musings, and maybe there's a remote possibility someone else might enjoy reading it too. I probably wouldn't be doing this if it weren't for the brilliant Ravelry website, and spurred on by meeting so many Ravellers at the opening party detailed below.


So, the day finally arrived that my favourite yarn shop moved to their new home in Camden Passage, Islington. We started early in order to join in the crush of over-excited knitters and crocheters, who were almost tipped into full-on mania by the luring combination of gorgeous yarn and vast amounts of tasty cake. Everything was stunning from the goods themselves to the charmingly understated shop-fit and even the pretty paper plates. They even had their own sweets commissioned for the event!

The man outside the shop was a typical sight of the day, and my husband spent approximately 1.5 hours assuming a similar position whilst waiting for me to pay for my obviously much needed stash.

I am proud to say that, despite journeying the 3 hours by train from Dorset, we were one of the first to get inside this crafters mecca. You can imagine my glee to be rewarded for my efforts with a rather lovely, and may I say generous, goodie bag pictured below left.
















I bought a mix of differing weight yarns for a few projects. I have seen a Fanfare Cowl crochet pattern in this months Inside Crochet I am going to make an approximation of, and I am busily working through the book "Knitted Socks, East and West". I couldn't resist the beautiful Misti Alpaca sock yarn with it's dizzying mix of colours, all evocative of summer fruits and picnics in the sun. I can see a pair of festival socks in the making!

No comments:

Post a Comment